The most common causes of sore throats are viral or bacterial infections. Often they can result in extreme swelling, pain, trouble swallowing and sometimes difficulty breathing.
Doing these at the first sign of a sore throat will keep it from getting extreme, spreading and prevent needing an antibiotic.
- Eliminate dairy & soy & Wheat products as they increase mucus production, in which virus & bacteria thrive.
- Salt water & hydrogen peroxide throat gargle. To 1 cup of warm water add ½ tsp of salt and hydrogen peroxide. Gargle & spit out until solution is gone ( Do Not Swallow ) then gargle with plain water to rinse. Do this at least twice a day.
- Spray throat with an anti-viral / anti-bacterial. Throat Rescue colloidal silver spray (Peaceful Mountain). For more intense sore throats Barlow’s Herbal Throat spray works great but not great tasting. Use either one or both several times a day.
- Keep your sinuses clean. Many throat infections begin with germs from sinus drainage to back of throat. Use Xlear Sinus spray with xylitol frequently to wash out allergens and germs and alternate with Colloidal nasal spray. Safe for children too and helps prevent ear infections!
- To eliminate the infection internally take Oregano oil capsules or Anti-V capsules (Natural Factors) or Goldenseal Root as directed on the label. For children Beta glucan 3mg and colloidal silver orally is helpful. There are many homeopathic remedies as well.
- Throat Lozenges & Herbal Teas help soothe burning throats. Olbas throat lozenge, Zand lemon & zinc lozenge, Thayer Slippery Elm, Traditional Medicinal Throat Coat Tea or Yogi Throat Comfort Tea
- If you think you might have a bacterial infection, go to your doctor and get tested. You can still do as stated above to get better quicker in addition to whatever your doctor suggests or prescribes.
For more help contact us on our radio program Holistic Healthline every Saturday 8am -10am EST Toll Free 1-866-920-9455 or contact our office at the Tree of Life Wellness Center 508-336-4242 and schedule a telephone or in-office Natural Wellness Visit.
Jane Jansen Holistic Practitioner Tree of Life Wellness Center
Host Holistic Healthline Radio