It’s that time of year again!
Congestion, sore throat, and sneezing are common with colds. Both cold and flu bring coughing, headache, and chest discomfort. With the flu, though, you are likely to run a high fever for several days and have body aches, fatigue, and weakness. Either one is no fun, so before cold and flu season gets rolling, take the valuable steps for preventing feeling miserable.
Flu shots, hand washing, healthy eating, and good sleep are methods most people use to avoid getting sick from a cold and/or flu. Last year's shot performed so poorly, proving itself only 29% effective against some of the nastiest strains of the flu. So, you need a backup plan and increase the effectiveness of vaccination.
Cold and flu season is approaching! Now is the time to get your immune system ready and functioning at its best.
A 2017 study published by the National Institute of Health (NIH) showed participants who took probiotics or prebiotics are effective in elevating immunogenicity and showed significant improvements in the H1N1 Flu strain seroprotection rate. The research stated, “Therefore, a simultaneous supply of prebiotics and probiotics might be an effective method of enhancing immune reactions to an influenza vaccine.”
A 2018 study published in the European Journal of Public Health showed consuming probiotics regularly reduces the need for antibiotics. The scientists concluded that infants and children who took a daily probiotic supplement were 29% less likely to be prescribed an antibiotic. When repeated using only the highest quality studies they were 53% less likely to be prescribed an antibiotic.
A new study from Stanford University Medical Center finds the depletion of gut bacteria by antibiotics appears to leave the immune system less able to respond to new challenges, such as exposure to previously unencountered germs or vaccines.
Dr. Bali Pulendran, Ph.D., professor of pathology and of microbiology and immunology at the Stanford University School of Medicine said, “The findings imply that when next season's flu strain comes along, you want your gut-resident microbes to be in full bloom in order for your immune system to rise to the occasion.”
So if you are going to get a flu shot get your body ready!
- Ohhira’s Probiotic Formulas (Essential Formulas) Other products that claim billions of freeze-dried non-native bacteria is better, Dr. Ohhira’s understands that more is not better! Unlike most other probiotic products, Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics are not cultured or grown in a laboratory. Ingredients such as mountain spring water, fruits and vegetables – are fermented for three years with 12 distinctive probiotic strains. This rich culture medium (PRE-BIOTICS) is then encapsulated along with the Probiotics that have grown together over the three-year period and the resulting nutrients from this fermentation process (POST-BIOTICS), thus delivering viable probiotics and encouraging your body’s innate ability to grow its own friendly bacteria. Contains Proprietary TH 10 – Dr. Ohhira developed his own proprietary lactic acid bacteria strain that is six times stronger than any other strains known to bacteriologists today.
- Vitamin D is very important for a healthy immune system. If you don’t know how much to take find out what your vitamin D levels are from your doctor. The level should be about 60.
- Olive Leaf Extract (Natural Factors) is an herb which has been clinically proven as an immune booster particularly beneficial in the prevention and treatment of viral infections. The key nutrient in Olive Leaf is Oleuropein, which is highly concentrated in the leaves of the plant. Olive leaf’s broad killing power includes an ability to interfere with critical amino acid production for viruses. It also has an ability to contain and prevent the spread of viruses by inactivating them, prevents virus shredding, and budding at the cell membrane. Olive leaf extract can directly penetrate infected cells and stop viral replication.
- Beta glucan is a very potent biological response modifier that nutritionally activates the immune response through the Macrophage immune cells to yield various therapeutic effects and is safe for all ages. In its most effective form, Beta glucan is extracted from the yeast cell wall of Baker’s yeast. Studies have shown that beta glucans act as immune-modulator agents, meaning they trigger a cascade of events that help regulate the immune system, making it more efficient. Specifically, beta glucans stimulate the activity of macrophages, which are versatile immune cells that ingest and demolish invading germs and signal other immune cells to attack. Macrophages also release cytokines, chemicals that when secreted enable the immune cells to communicate with one another. In addition, beta glucans stimulate lethal white blood cells that bind to tumors or viruses, and release chemicals to destroy it.
- Colloidal Silver 10ppm is made from pure water and silver, using electrolysis. It is microscopic-sized solid silver particles suspended in the water. The microscopic silver particles can more easily penetrate and travel throughout the body. Colloidal Silver works as a catalyst, disabling the enzyme that all one celled viruses, bacteria and fungi use for their oxygen metabolism. The presence of Colloidal Silver near a virus, fungus, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen, disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme, its chemical lung, so to say. Within a few minutes, the pathogen suffocates and dies and is cleared out of the body by the immune system. Colloidal Silver is of no harm to any part of the human body chemistry. It can be taken internally or used externally as a disinfectant and beneficial for 2-3 hours. Safe for all ages and does not interfere with any medications. Put a teaspoon in drinking water of everyone including your pets. Since viral infections often begin in the nose also use a colloidal silver nasal spray 2x day to prevent germs breathed in through the nose to spread to the sinuses, ears, throat and bronchial airways.
- Anti-V with Echinamide (Natural Factors) capsules contains immune boosting and potent anti-viral herbs to help your immune system fight off viruses. Herbs include triple standardized Echinacea purpurea, Lomatium dissectum, Astragalus membranaceus, Reishi mushroom, and licorice..
- Esberitox (chewable) ( Enzymatic Therapy) Echinacea supports your immune system defenses by fortifying your most critical cells with natural fighting power. Esberitox® has been the top-selling remedy in Europe for over 70 years and can be used by your entire family. Only Esberitox® combines two types of Echinacea with two additional immune-supporting herbs, baptisia and thuja.* This gives Esberitox® a broader spectrum of activity than Echinacea alone.* The powerful combination promotes the body's resistive functions by stimulating the production and activity of critical immune cells.* Safe for Children and Adults use as directed on label..
Don’t wait any longer get your body ready now! And if you get sick call Holistic Healthline Radio Saturday mornings 8am to 10 am Toll Free 1-866-920-9455 and let us help you out. You can always make an appointment (telephone or in office) at the Tree of Life Wellness Center. Call 508-336-4242.As always please share this information to help create a healthier community. Thank you!
Jane Jansen Holistic Practitioner Tree of Life Wellness Center Seekonk, MA, 02771
Host Holistic Healthline Radio
Share this post
- Tags: cold, cold and flu, cold and flu remedies, cold remedies, Colds, Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic, Flu, flu vaccine, postbiotics, prebiotics, probiotics