It’s that time of year when sore throats are circulating around.
The most common causes of sore throats are viral infections and seasonal allergies to pollen or molds.
Have you also ever felt that something wasn’t right in your throat and then discovered a white spot or two toward the back of your throat as you examined it in the mirror under a bright light?
In most cases, they are tonsil stones which are simply collections of hardened pus as a result of chronic irritation from viruses, allergens, yeast or bacteria and even dry mouth. Both tonsillitis and strep throat, from a bacterial infection, will also result in white spots, with extreme swelling, pain, trouble swallowing and sometimes difficulty breathing.
Here are some simple things you can do at the first sign of a sore throat &/or white tonsil stones to make them go away and avoid a trip to the doctor.
- Salt water & hydrogen peroxide throat gargle. To 1 cup of warm water add ½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp hydrogen peroxide. Gargle & spit out until solution is gone ( Do Not Swallow ) then gargle with plain water to rinse. Do this at least twice a day.
- Spray throat with an anti-viral / anti-bacterial. We have found in our practice Colloidal Silver (10ppm) safe for anyone including children (looks like water & tastes like water.) Throat Rescue by Peaceful Mountain is a 30 ppm colloidal silver spray with some peppermint added, which is very soothing.
- For more intense sore throats Barlow’s Herbal Throat spray contains lomatium which is a super antibacterial and works great. Use either one or both several times a day.
- Eliminate dairy & soy products from your diet, particularly if you have chronic sore throats. They create a mucus environment which virus, bacteria and fungus love.
- Keep your sinuses clean. Many throat infections begin with sinus drainage. Use Colloidal Silver nasal spray frequently to clean out allergens and germs. Safe for children too! If you have chronic sinus infections use Sinuorega nasal spray (North American Herb & Spice) as often as needed. It is a little harsh so go easy the 1st time spraying, however it will open up the sinuses and kill off any bacteria your nose is harboring.
- To eliminate the infection from the inside take Oregano oil capsules or Anti-V capsules as directed on the label. For children Beta glucan (Jarrow Formulas) and colloidal silver 1 tsp 3 x day orally is helpful.
- If you think you might have strep, go to your doctor and get tested. You can still do as stated above to get better quicker in addition to whatever your doctor suggests or prescribes.
Feel free to share this information with family, friends and co-workers! Together we can help create a healthier community!
For more help contact us on our radio program Holistic Healthline every Saturday 8am -10am EST Toll Free 1-866-920-9455 or contact our office at the Tree of Life Wellness Center 508-336-4242.
Jane Jansen Holistic Practitioner
Tree of Life Wellness Center, Seekonk, MA 02771
Host Holistic Healthline Radio holistichealthline.com
Share this post
- Tags: Colloidal Silver, jane's blog, sinuorega, sore throat, strep throat, throat rescue, throat soreness, tonsil stone, tonsil stones, tonsilitis, tonsils, white spots